For those who are interested and eligible the Township offers the following:
- Billiards & Cards every day
- Line Dancing every Friday from 9am-11am
- Dancing with Amilia Thursday 12:00 pm(Registration required)
- Computer Classes/Support Mon. & Tues. from 9:30-11am by appointment
- Healthy Bones every Tuesday at 9:30am & 11am (Registration required)
- Health Maintenance Program (twice a month from 10am-12:30pm Blood pressure & blood sugar checks)
In addition to the above, there are various clubs and senior organizations that provide their own programs. Learn more.
- Health Fairs (Hypertension & other health screenings are offered annually and monthly)
- Spaghetti Dinner
- Valentine's Day Lunch
The Senior Center has the ability to show videotapes and or movies/films upon request
- Transportation for clubs on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- ShopRite Shopping drop off & pick up on scheduled days
- Walmart drop off & pick up from Senior Center Mon. & Thurs. 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Transportation to Township of Union area doctors. No Friday appointments.
- Notice to Public (PDF) & Complaint Form (PDF)
ADA Commitment & Compliance
The Township of Union Senior Center operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal assistance. Any person who believes that she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint in writing to the Township of Union Senior Center. To file a complaint, or for more information on The Township of Union Senior Center obligations under Title VI write to: Township of Union Senior Center C/O: Phyllis Monguso, 652 Rahway Ave., Union, NJ 07083. you also have the right to file your complaint under Title VI. You may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration at: The Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. A complaint must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination.
“Township of Union Senior Center” is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis on their disability as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The Senior Center has been designated as a Nutrition Site for the elderly. Well-balanced meals are served Monday through Friday (except on holidays) from 11:15am to 11:30am. Suggested donation of $1.75.
Reservations are required 3 days in advance by calling 908.527.4877.
Telephone Reassurance Program
The Senior Center will provide a daily "checkup" service via telephone call to any homebound person upon request.