The primary objective of the Community Development Program is the development of viable urban communities, including decent housing and a suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunities, principally for persons of low and moderate income. Consistent with this primary objective, the federal assistance provided is for the support of community development activities which are directed toward the following specific objectives.
- The elimination and prevention of slums and blight
- The elimination of conditions detrimental to health, safety and public welfare
- Conservation and expansion of housing
- Expansion and improvement of the quantity and quality of community services
- Reduction in isolation and concentration of income groups within communities
- 2020 to 2024 Five Year Consolidated Plan n One Year Action Plan Draft
All projects and activities must either principally benefit low-and moderate-income persons, or aid in the prevention or elimination of slums and blight, or meet other community development needs having a particular urgency
- Substantial Amendment Plan (Proposed)
- CDBG Amendment Public Notice - Amendment Notice
- Addendum to the Citizen Participation Plan
Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Block Grant allows the Office of Community Development to provide elderly with assistance in housing rehabilitation and emergency repairs, providing transportation and meals, and providing respite care services. Youth services such as recreation programs, after school programs and day care to assist in the proper development of children and young adults in low and moderate income neighborhoods are also supported through this program.
Housing Rehabilitation Program
The Housing Rehabilitation Program allows the township to direct housing funds to one family owner occupied properties. These homeowners are cost burdened and/or have no funds to contribute to maintaining or repairing their homes. Providing this assistance ensures that these homeowners can continue to occupy their homes. As an older community, many of the housing units may contain lead based paint. This program also makes it possible to evaluate and reduce lead based paint.
All projects and activities must both principally benefits low and moderate income persons, or aid in the prevention or elimination of slums and blight, or meet other community development needs having a particular urgency.
- Housing Rehabilitation Program Application in English (PDF)
- Housing Rehabilitation Program Application in Spanish (PDF)
- Rehabilitation Contractors Wanted (PDF)
Learn more about buying an affordable home at the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s website.