- Feature Links
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Parking & Detours
St. Patrick's Day Parade
The Annual Union County Saint Patrick's Day Parade is scheduled to step off from Commerce and Morris Avenues on March 16th at 1:00 p.m. and proceed east on Morris Avenue to Stuyvesant Avenue, then South on Stuyvesant Avenue, ending at Roosevelt Avenue
The parking lots on Stowe Street will be accessible via Vauxhall Road or Pine Avenue Friberger Park can be accessed via Bond Drive. Burnet School lot accessible from Berwyn St. Caldwell Avenue & lot opposite Walgreens accessible from Elmwood Avenue Biertuempfel Lot accessible from Vauxhall Road. A/C lot accessible from Morris Avenue
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic:
- At 9:00am; Stuyvesant Avenue will be closed from Vauxhall Road to the cannon/clock circle at Elmwood Avenue/Johnson Place. Barricades will be erected, the road will be closed to all thru traffic. The roadway must be cleared of all parked vehicles between Stuyvesant Avenue and Elmwood Avenue All vehicle's left unattended along the designated parade route will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense pursuant to Ordinance 266-30.
- At 9:00am; Morris Avenue will also be completely closed from Elmwood Avenue to Grandview Avenue in both directions. Parking will be prohibited along the entire route. Vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed at owner's expense pursuant to Ordinance 266-30.
- All streets intersecting with either Morris Avenue or Stuyvesant Avenue, along the Parade Route will be barricaded and closed to thru traffic. Only local traffic and/or legal street parking for the parade will be permitted. Access to Morris Avenue will be strictly prohibited via intersecting streets.
All municipal parking lots (except Bonnel Court*) around the Union Center area will be free, open and accessible to the public. Signs for PUBLIC PARKING are in place.
Public Parking – The parking lots on Stowe Street will be accessible via Vauxhall Road or Pine Ave. Friberger Park can be accessed via Bond Drive. Burnet School lot accessible from Berwyn St. Caldwell Ave& lot opposite Walgreens accessible from Elmwood Ave. Biertuempfel Lot accessible from Vauxhall Road. A/C lot accessible from Morris Ave.
Handicapped Parking & Parade Committee VIP Parking - The Bonnel Court Municipal Lot will be reserved and free for Handicapped Parking and Parade Committee VIP Parking ONLY. Persons must enter from Johnson & Elmwood and present valid handicapped ID and/or a 2014 Parade Committee Reserved Parking Permit. Parking is on a first come-first served basis. Overflow parking will not be permitted.
Public Consumption of Alcohol- The consumption of any alcoholic beverage in public is strictly prohibited. Violators are subject to fines up to $1,250.00
“Emergency No Parking" signs will be posted two days in advance for enforcement between 8:00am & 5:00pm Saturday. Letters are delivered in advance to all effected business and residential locations, explaining the restrictions and asking their cooperation on the following streets: Vehicles parked in violation along the designated parade route, staging route or access routes are subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owner’s expense pursuant to local Ordinance 266-30.
- Morris Avenue --Both Sides
- Stuyvesant Ave- Both Sides From Cannon to Yum's Karate
- Commerce Avenue –Southbound Side from Kent Place to Vauxhall Road and both sides from Kent to Morris Avenue.
- Jeanette Avenue between Berwyn Street and Morris Avenue --Both Sides
- Caldwell Avenue- Southbound side between Elmwood & West Chestnut St
- Warren Avenue -northbound side from Morris Avenue to Vauxhall Road.
- Kent Place – Both sides from Commerce to Jeanette Aves.
Full Detour will begin at 9:00am.
STUYVESANT AVENUE/CHESTNUT STREET SOUTHBOUND – Right on Vauxhall Road w/b to Burnet Avenue; left on Burnet Avenue s/b to Morris Avenue; left on Morris Avenue e/b to Elmwood Avenue; right on Elmwood Avenue e/b to Stuyvesant Avenue. END DETOUR.
CHESTNUT STREET/STUYVESANT AVENUE NORTHBOUND - Left around island to Elmwood Avenue; straight on Elmwood w/b to Morris Avenue; straight on Morris Avenue w/b to Burnet Avenue; Right on Burnet Avenue n/b to Vauxhall Road; Vauxhall Road e/b to Stuyvesant Avenue. END DETOUR.
MORRIS AVENUE WESTBOUND - Right on Warren Ave n/b to Vauxhall Road; left on Vauxhall Road w/b to Burnet Avenue; left on Burnet Avenue s/b to Morris Avenue. END DETOUR.
MORRIS AVENUE EASTBOUND - Right on Elmwood Avenue e/b to Stuyvesant Avenue; Stuyvesant Avenue s/b to Chestnut Street; South on Chestnut Street to Colonial Avenue; left on Colonial Avenue to Morris Avenue. END DETOUR.